Facts about Invisible Me
Updated: Jul 31, 2019
1. I have been ill since the age of 9.
2. I have been really ill since the age of 19.
3. My autoimmune disease struck me as I stepped off an airplane from Iceland.
4. However, I really suspect my autoimmune disease started when I stepped off an airplane from Palma de Mallorca, two weeks before I returned from Iceland.
5. (Yes, 2017 was filled with many great adventures.)
6. My disease started with stabbing pains in my lung – pains so bad I couldn’t breathe and needed morphine. STAT!
7. It took a year for me to be diagnosed. Boo.
8. I was deemed ‘un-diagnosable’ until I had a lung biopsy in November 2017. It hurt.
9. It’s been suspected that I had this disease a while before my main symptoms struck in November 2016. But no one can confirm this.
10. My disease is called ANCA Negative Eosinophilic Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis (EGPA) – otherwise known as Churg Strauss Vasculitis, otherwise known as vasculitis. EGPA only affects 1 in 70,000 - 1 in 100,000 people in Europe.
11. My vasculitis affects the following:
(Wait, isn’t that, essentially like, everything?)